The Outdoor Adventurer's Guide to Yoga
Practices for Strong and Balanced Hiking, Climbing, Paddling, and Cycling
Discover the power and benefits of yoga for outdoor adventures. With The Outdoor Adventurer’s Guide to Yoga, athletes and explorers can tailor yoga practices to support performance, recovery, and longevity, no matter their sport. This fully illustrated guide covers the foundations of yoga, anatomy, alignment, breath work, and asana, then applies these practices specifically for hiking, backpacking, cycling, climbing, paddling, and snow sports.
- Incorporate yoga before, during, and after your backpacking trips and outdoor adventures for greater strength, balance, connection, and recovery.
- Understand the unique anatomical demands of backpacking, paddling, climbing, and more to address and prevent common overuse injuries.
- Learn 88 poses with detailed descriptions, instructive photos, modifications and tips.
- Follow 21 specific flows and postures of functional therapeutic benefit for backpackers, hikers, paddlers, cyclists, climbers, skiers, and snowboarders.
- Go beyond the physical and develop practices to support holistic health, mobility, and stability.
Foreword by Quinn Brett, Director of Accessibility, National Park Service