Democratic Rules of Order
Easy-to-Use Rules for Meetings of Any Size
Peg Francis, Fred Francis
Revolutionize meetings! Over 20,000 copies sold – the easy-to-use guide for running democratic meetings of any size
The key to promoting true democracy in meetings is clear, easy-to-understand rules of order that support the right of each member to participate fully and equally, and the right of the majority to make decisions while respecting minority rights.
An alternative to Robert's Rules of Order and other complicated and unwieldy guides, Democratic Rules of Order is the guide for the rest of us. It lays out clear, concise, easy-to-use rules for governing meetings from clubs and non profits to formal meetings. Benefits include:
- A complete set of laws for governing meetings
- Can be read in an hour
- Plain language, free of complex protocol and jargon to enable equal and efficient participation
- Tested and honed through thousands of successful meetings
- Adoptable as the official rules of order for meetings of any size
- Allows informality, including decisions by consensus, but ensures formality when needed
- A sample meeting that uses all the rules plus answers to 31 common questions.
Now in its tenth edition, and with over 20,000 copies sold, Democratic Rules of Order will produce fair, efficient, and harmonious decisions in meetings of any size or complexity.